Marlene’s “Courses in Cooking” is a reliable site with a new recipe updated each month (from her book and TV series) and a photograph of the dish as garnished.
The mission of the cooking courses given in her Beirut professionally equipped kitchen is to improve the abilities of the home cooks through a rewarding learning experience by teaching the basic cooking techniques, with emphasis on organization in preparing dishes and how to mix and match recipes to prepare menus for all occasion with a fresh approach to food preparation.
Class size is limited to12 students allowing them easy interaction with the chef where learning is a pleasant experience in a friendly atmosphere. All levels of students may follow with ease the simplified and easy to understand steps of every recipe where preparation is performed in front of the students.
Class lasts for three hours with a coffee break and cookies at mid time. Food prepared, which is a complete menu of three dishes, is served to the student.
Marlene’s “Courses in Cooking” follows these objectives:
- To teach techniques of cooking and to improve the person’s cooking skills.
- To achieve an organized method of preparing a recipe in the shortest possible time.
- To acquire a wider knowledge of products available in the market and how to use them.
- To acquire the skill of preparing menus perfect for every season, holiday and occasion.
- To learn how to garnish dishes and how to present them.
- Appreciation of good food.