Beautiful red and black small bites to be served in celebrations any time of the year.
The caviar used here is lumpfish caviar which is referred to as "poor man's caviar". It is a good idea for a professional finish to spread butter and caviar on the slices and then remove crust.
Ingredients: To prepare 24 pieces
6 slices of Pain de Mie, crust removed
5 tablespoons butter, room temperature
¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
Black caviar jar, 100 g.
Red caviar jar, 100 g.
2 slices of lemon
1. Mix butter with ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper.
2. Cover each slice of bread with the soft butter and place in the refrigerator to harden the butter.
3. Spread black caviar on three of the slices and red caviar on the other three slices.
4. Cut each slice to four and place in a rectangular or square serving plate alternating black and red pieces to look like a chessboard
5. Remove the yellow and white peel of the two slices of lemon and cut the inside into small pieces. Place one small piece on each canapé with parsley leaf.
6. Garnish with parsley and lemon slices. (Recipe may be prepared a day in advance. Keep well covered in the refrigerator.)
To reduce calories: Do not use butter, use instead light cream cheese.